First things first. A lot of people might not know about this series, so I'll give you a quick introduction. Corpse Party started off as a PC game made with RPG-maker software back in 1996. It got a remake, named Corpse Party: Blood Covered back in '08, and Corpse Party: Blood Covered Repeated Fear for the PSP in February last year (which was when I discovered this gem).
|Screenshot from the Playstation Portable version|
|Hang on Kishinuma, let's save our progress first!|
|No quick deaths here. Massive pain ahead|
|Spoiler: He's not talking to his sister|
When all is said and done, this is seriously a great anime, no matter if you've played the game or not. Give it a try, at most you've only spent two hours, which is nothing compared to the characters in this anime. Heavenly Host Elementary School awaits...
Final Verdict: 9/10
- True to the games - Some deaths are slightly changed (only matters if
- Great story you played the game and are super-loyal to it)
- Doesn't drag out, keeps the flow going
- Keeps blood/gore levels realistic
- No "sunshine and lollipops" ending